Sambhar vadai @ Annapoorna

Being a typical Coimbatorean I am hooked to the sweet siruvani water, shady race-course boulevards,the stretchy avinashi road,mild soft breeze,sprawling hills bordering the city and ofcourse always mentioned Annapoorna....hmmm..sambhar vadai@annapoorna..can anybody dare miss it!

Today at dusk I treated myself with this alluring delicacy.
After an impatient wait at the table..finally it was placed before me.. what a sight...a cute small onion right on top,beside it is a curry leaf aesthetically placed.If I were a kid ,eyes wide open I would have poked my index finger right in the middle,put it straight on to my mouth and said.......hmm taste super-la :) but alas age does matter. So silently picked the two spoons and unhurriedly cut it to pieces.
The stage is set, all drenched in sambhar it was the first pick ,put it in my mouth...hmm..hmm...remembered the word "amirtham" in tamil... [is there an apt word in English?!??].Then with the lingering aroma of the sambhar I munch my way to glory..hmm..
This has been my solace at all times..be it longer days or shorter days,excited or irritated,happy or glum,exhausted or relaxed..this is my mood revitaliser ;) Reminiscing on the conversations and the friendships built on this 8cm dia delicacy..how Madhu and I wud think of sambhar vadais and in a jiffy rush to have them :) The crispness of the vadai and the spices in the sambhar peps up the taste to exceeding heights.Wish they make bigger ones..just 5 minutes has passed and it is almost over...:(
Is it the sambhar or the vadai which is ultimate?..hmm.. do
I sound like Tom & Jerry who is better?...the show goes on..the bond continues

5 Responses
  1. yep.remembering now .long long ago we went to annapurna with MS classmates..


  2. Karthikraj Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. Karthikraj Says:

    hey this article definitely makes me run right away to the nearest annapurna for a plate of sambar vadai ...great goin'


  4. Anonymous Says:

    ritz, me being me, i totally totally can understand ur emotions :)

    - laksh


  5. Hephzi Says:

    yeah Laksh..remember the buttermilk at white's road ;)